Sunday, September 30, 2007

one small victory

Time: 1:01 am
Daily word count: 1,897
Total word count: 1,897

I started writing at 12:01. By 12:54 I had almost 1,900 words. My daily goal is 1,613. I'm trying not to get a false sense of accomplishment, but, damn, that was easy. i hope things keep going this way, though i know they're probably not going to. maybe all of my worries were unfounded after all. I'm going to try not to get too excited about this initial victory and instead save this feeling for when i'm struggling down the line. but so far, so good. i'll probably still get up at 6 like i originally planned and write some more. i want to establish a pattern. but it feels great to have already met my first goal. one down, thirty to go.

yeah, take that, novel!

1 comment:

Morgasmic said...

Excellent start lady!

Keep it up!