Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 3: We All Fall Down, erm, Behind

Day 2 started off well, and then trickled into decline. I got up slightly later than day one, and wrote from 6:30 to 7:15 am. In 45 minutes, I was able to knock out about 900 words, most of which are a flashback to give some depth and background to my main character, who I also named yesterday. Her name is Lily. Yippee! 2 characters named. I still have no idea about the baby, but I'm sure something will come to me. I also gave my main character an Indian name, but I think I should have held off. I still don't know which direction to take her character; that might need to be rewritten in the editing phase. I also switched from first person to third so that I can have a broader range in telling the story. Last year's story involved a main character and a pretty straightforward plot line. This time, I want to try to do something more complex.

I started coming down with a head cold at some point during the day yesterday, and by the time I got home last night, I was too tired to write. Ditto for getting up this morning. However, I am planning to go home after work, change into my sweats, and dedicate a couple of hours to try to get into a writing "zone" where I can write a lot and really dive into the story.

So, my totals so far are
Day 3: 0 (eek!)
Overall: 2635

Thanks for all of your encouragement!

1 comment: